Health is wealth- we are all familiar with this adage, but how many of us consciously work
towards maintaining a healthy body and mind? The erratic lifestyles that we all lead today,
has taken a toll on our lives and bodies. Though the life expectancy of each individual has
almost doubled, thanx to modern medical advances, the list of ailments too has skyrocketed.
Stress, unhealthy food habits, faulty lifestyle practices- all lead to various health issues.
However, the good news is that tiny tweaks in the way we go about with our lives can bring
about big changes on our overall health.
Life is a never ending adventure and having good health goes a long way in ensuring that you
enjoy this joy ride to the fullest. Good health and an active lifestyle go hand in hand. They
complement and complete each other in a way that you can’t have one without the other!
It’s easy to stay healthy and active, once you commit yourself to wellness. Being healthy,
staying fit and active is a choice and a commitment that you make to yourself. Here, we list
out 5 easy and fun ways to stay healthy and active.
- Break-the-fast- Kick-start your day with a healthy breakfast! A good breakfast
works as the fuel for your body. A hearty breakfast also elevates your mood, helps
you focus better and boosts your energy levels. So, a big bowl of cereals and fruits-
definitely a good idea!
- Amp It up!- Go for a good run, practice some power yoga moves, enjoy a fun
session of kick-boxing- whatever helps increase your heart rate. Studies have shown that a regular exercise routine of minimum 10 minutes can reduce all the biomarkers of ageing and help keep many ailments at bay. Exercise is a great way to stay in shape and get fit- so reserve some time to exercise every day.
- A balanced diet- We cannot stress enough on the importance of eating a balanced diet. Our body is what gives our personality a form; through it we carry and preserve characters and features of our ancestors. It’s our duty to nourish and take care of it. It
needs healthy amount of fats, proteins, carbohydrates, sugars etc., to function well. A
well balanced diet is the shortest and most certain way to stay healthy and lead a
- 5 meals a day- It is a great way to keep those food cravings at bay! It also keeps both your metabolism and your energy levels steadily elevated. A 5-meals a day routine
also helps manage your weight, maintain your focus and avoid over eating.
- Pick up a hobby- Do what you love. Set aside some time daily to do something that you find relaxing- learn something new or take up an old hobby. It will not only help de-stress, but will also keep you active and happy.
Life is what you make of it. Good health plays a major role in helping you do 100 % justice to your potential and talents. So, stop leading a passive life, get active and get healthy, after all- health is wealth!